Our faculty and staff are in the forefront of the exploration of the causes and treatments of mental illness.
Dawnelle Schatte, M.D.
Dr. Dawnelle Schatte is an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. After completing her undergraduate studies at University of Houston, Dr. Schatte received her MD from Baylor College of Medicine where she also completed her residency in Psychiatry. She completed her fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at The University of Texas Health Science Center Houston. Her clinical experience is primarily in the area of inpatient child and adolescent psychiatry, with a focus on juvenile offenders and working with the juvenile justice center. She is also involved in the education of medical students and psychiatry residents.
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Juvenile Delinquency and Forensics
- Trauma in Adolescents
- Pettit, J.W., Garza, M.J., Grover, K.E., Schatte, D.J., Morgan, S.T., Harper, A., & Saunders, A.E. (2009). Factor structure and psychometric properties of the Modified Scale for Suicidal Ideation among suicidal youth. Depression and Anxiety, 26(8), 769-774.
- Pettit, J.W., Temple, S., Norton, P.J., Yaroslavsky, I., Grover, K.E., Morgan, S.T., & Schatte, D.J. (2009). Thought suppression and suicidal ideation: Preliminary evidence in support of a robust association. Depression & Anxiety, 26(8), 758-763.
- Poston, M, Kahan, K and Schatte, D. (2009). Personality Disorders. In Carlstedt, RA editor. Integrative Clinical Psychology, Psychiatry, and Behavioral Medicine: Perspectives, Practices, and Research, pp. 509-548. Springer Publishing Companies.
Location & Contact Info
Behavioral and Biomedical Sciences Building
1941 East Road
Houston, Texas 77054
713.486.2525 New Patients
Our affiliates include the following:
- Dawnelle Schatte, M.D.
Director, Medical Student Education
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- University of Texas-Houston Medical School
2800 South MacGregor
Houston, Texas 77021
- phone: (713) 741-3810
e-mail: Dawnelle.J.Schatte @uth.tmc.edu