Our faculty and staff are in the forefront of the exploration of the causes and treatments of mental illness.
Kenneth Krajewski, M.D.
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Dual diagnosed psychiatric disorders and Addiction Psychiatry
- Biological & Psychosocial Aspects of substance abuse and Dual Diagnosed Psychiatric Population
- Pollack LE, Stuebben G, Kouzekanani K, Krajewski K: “Addiction Education groups for inpatients with dual diagnosis. Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, 4:121-127, 1999
- Pollack LE, Stuebben G, Kouzekanani K, Krajewski K: “Aftercare compliance: Perceptions of people with dual diagnosis.” Substance Abuse, 19: 144-145, 1999.
- Averill, PM., Reas, DL., Shack, A., Shah, NN., Cowan, K., Krajewski, K., Kopecky, C., & Guynn, RW. (In Press). A retrospective examination. Psychiatric Quarterly.
- Shac Pollack, L.E., Stuebben, G., Kouzekanani, K., Krajewski, K. Aftercare Compliance: Perceptions of People with Dual Diagnoses. Substance Abuse, Vol. 19, No. 1, 1998.
- Averill, P.M., Veazey, C., Shack, A., Krajewski, K., Rocha, D., & Varner, R. (In Press). Acute mental illness and comorbid substance abuse: Patient agreement on comorbid diagnosis and treatment implications. Addictive Disorders and their Treatment.
- Reas, D.L., Averill, P.M., Shack, A., Shah, N., Cowan, K., Krajewski, K., Kopecky, C., Guynn, R. Differential typology of schizoaffective and schizophrenia disorders: Implications for service utilization and management. In: J. Carpenter and R. Byng (Chairs), Knowledge Transfer and Service Culture: Long-term Care. Paper session presented at the 5th European Network for Mental Health Service Evaluation (ENMESH), Sofia, Bulgaria. (2002)
- K, AV., Averill, PM., Kopecky, C., Krajewski, K., & Gummattira, P. (2004). Prior history of physical and sexual abuse among the psychiatric inpatient population: A comparison of males and females. Psychiatric Quarterly, 75(4), 343-359.
Location & Contact Info
Behavioral and Biomedical Sciences Building
1941 East Road
Houston, Texas 77054
713.486.2525 New Patients
Our affiliates include the following:
- Kenneth Krajewski, M.D.
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- University of Texas-Houston Medical School
2800 South MacGregor Way Houston, Texas 77021
- phone: (713) 741-3830