Our faculty and staff are in the forefront of the exploration of the causes and treatments of mental illness.
Oscar G. Bukstein, M.D.
Dr. Oscar Bukstein is currently the Director of Child and Adolescent Services at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. He has considerable experience with research and treatment of adolescents with substance use disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, disruptive behavior disorders and mood disorders. He currently conducts research and sees patients at the Behavioral and Biomedical Sciences Building at UTHealth.
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Substance abuse treatment in adolescents
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Aggressive behavior
- Pharmacological Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Psychiatric Treatment Guidelines for children and adolescents
- Bukstein OG. Clinical practice guidelines for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a review. Postgrad Med. 122(5):69-77, 2010.
- Demidovich, M. Kolko, DJ, Bukstein, OG, Hart J, Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology 21: 57-66, 2011.
- Farmer CA, Arnold LE, Bukstein OG, Findling RL, Gadow KD, Li X, Butter EM, Aman MG. The Treatment of Severe Child Aggression (TOSCA) Study: Design Challenges. Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 5(1): 36.
- Cornelius JR, Douaihy A, Bukstein OG, Daley DC, Wood SD, Kelly TM, Salloum IM. Evaluation of cognitive behavioral therapy/motivational enhancement therapy (CBT/MET) in a treatment trial of comorbid MDD/AUD adolescents. Addictive Behaviors. 36(8): 843-848, 2011.
- Dorn LD, Kolko DJ, Shenk CE, Susman EJ, Bukstein O. Influence of treatment for disruptive behavior disorders on adrenal and gonadal hormones in youth. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology. 40(4): 562-571, 2011.
Location & Contact Info
Behavioral and Biomedical Sciences Building
1941 East Road
Houston, Texas 77054
713.486.2525 New Patients
Our affiliates include the following:
Oscar Bukstein, M.D.
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- University of Texas-Houston Medical School
1941 East Road, Suite 2312
Houston, Texas 77021
- phone: (713) 486-2500
- Fax: (713) 486-2553
Director of Child and Adolescent Services